Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon Mother's day/Feminine challenge




Hellllllo there! Cherry here for my FIRST EVER post for Really Reasonable Ribbon. So excited to be here and sharing a little something. This week our challenge is to create something in honor of Mother's Day, which is fast approaching. It must be something with a feminine theme. Which is one of my favorite styles...being that shabby and vintage fall right into that catagory. I went to work creating a frilly little number. I adhered my papers and diecuts inking the edges for an aged appearance. I stamped a sweet sentiment banner perfect for Mom using The Rubber Cafe's Give Momma Some Love stamp set and adhered it. I than added some lovely old fashion Beatrice crochet lace in white to the bottom with a vintage button. From there I was ready to make my own homemade bloom. I crumpled a paper doily first and than took a round crochet doily and folded it in half and than folded it again and hot glued it into the paper doily. I than added some tea stained linen fabric and diecut a flower and glued that into the middle. I topped it off with an old button. Time for ribbons! I decided to use some of the May Arts wrinkle ribbons. I LOVE them.
I used wrinkle ribbons in white in the 1/2 inch size. I wanted the ribbon to be a bit worn looking so I took my ink pad to it a bit running it across the ribbon here and there. I LOVE the texture of the wrinkle ribbons they remind me a bit of Dupioni silk...like a wedding dress. YUM! I also used used some of the light blue seambinding combining it with the wrinkle ribbons for a shabby eclectic look. I love to combine ribbons together for softness and added texture. I sprayed the seambinding with some glimmer spray in lettuce and also inked it up with some brown ink to age it. I than "stressed it out" a bit and crumpled it up before nestling it in with the wrinkle ribbon...and that is that! Hope you enjoyed my first post for RRR! Don't forget your Mama this Mother's Day! 
Now it is your turn to play......make anything a layout, card, altered project, you name it.  As long as it has lace or ribbon on your project.  Link it up to the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog to enter the challenge.  There will be two winners...one from the challenge and one randomly drawn winner which will be announced May 15th.  Have fun!  Can't wait to come visit and see everyone's creations.    Hugs, cherry

11 comments:

cnelson said...

Ohhhhhh so soft and pretty! LOVE!

Sherry Kushibab said...

An absolutely beautiful card - so feminine and sweet. TFS

Patty O'Malley said...

So beautiful! Love the bow and flower cluster.

NancyB said...

So very feminine, shabby and gorgeous! Another beautiful card!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeee all the pearls!!

Ros said...

I'm loving that bow and beautiful flower ... gorgeous work

Dining room said...

Hey
Cherry's Jubilee
Your website is incredible, thank you in your effort!
Do you have more great articles like this one
Thank you!

Bonnie Garby said...

Absolutely beautiful card Cherry!!!

Unknown said...

Cherry this is stunning , what a beautiful creation , Love the flower too Hugs Elaine

Nancy Guse said...

Beautiful, love the bow and pearls!!

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so stunning! As always, my friend!