Thursday, August 23, 2012

bow tutorial








Hello there! I thought I would pop in for RRR to share how I tie my seambinding bows. Now I am no where near a perfect bowtier....is there such a thing and is there such a word, lol? I always want to mess around with them. Bows can be such tempermental little things. With out them though my cards seem so sad so I almost always add them. Ribbon is essential to me and adds much needed softness to a card. So today I have a spooky little project. I have been having a blast making Halloween goodies so today's card is just that. I made my card and scored it and added my pattern papers. Of course than I started to pile on my goodies. Little bit of stamping, fun cackling witch, and a diecut sticker.
I grabbed my yummy black seambinding and crumpled it up. I use a lightly wet paper towel and crickle it up in it. Works well and fast. Now with my seambindings sometimes I wrap it all the way around the card but often times I don't. It just ends up getting covered with embellishments anyways. I don't tie bows so it is all one piece. I make separate bows and "piggy back" them onto each other till they look full to me. As you can see in the pics I tie one and adhere and than add the next alternating the direction of each bow. The last one I tied my sentiment tag with twine to it and than adhered. My way might be a bit diffrent but it works for me. OHHH and don't pay attention to my messy desk! Hope you enjoyed! cherry

14 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing Cherry! I always wondered how you got them so perfectly random, I might be able to handle that. Gorgeously shabby, as always! ;)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh goodness! You know how I love Halloween! This is sooooooo adorable, Cherry! Love seeing your creative process. I never would have thought of adding the witch on top of the skeleton sticker, and I love it! Your bows are always so fabulous, too. Thanks for sharing your tips. :)

cnelson said...

TFS the tutorial! I always wondered how you make your wonderfully fabulous bows! LOVIN' that Halloween card!!!

Jess said...

Thanks for sharing your bow making tip! I wondered how you did it, they are always so beautiful!

Marybeth said...

Such a great Halloween card, love your black bow and fun tag. Going to check out that bow tying. TFS

Sandy said...

I'm shocked that you use seam binding for your ribbons. I always thought you probably used fancy, expensive french ribbons. You are so creative and I love all of your cards. Thanks for sharing your tips with us Cherry!

Patty O'Malley said...

Love the card. Thanks for sharing how you make your beautiful bows, too, Cherry.

kathy said...

Cherry Thanks a bunch -- ya know I loved your doins' from the start .
Your cards are such inspiration
are you on pinterest -- ??? I try to always check on you but rarely have any time to post . HUGS KAthy - ga ♥ -your first groupie lol

BethW said...

Great tips-love the one about using the damp paper towel.I always use too much water and gt my seam binding too crinkly.Thank you!

Rebekah said...

you've got me dreaming of fall.. such a perfect Halloween card!

Mimi Sue said...

What a great idea! I'm going to go give it a try. Mimi

Plastic card printing said...

This is so nice. Beautiful design with so nice color. I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing this adorable creation.

FerrellGraph-x said...

I love your card!!!! Where did the images and papers come from?
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

tweaker said...

I would also appreciate you listing paper lines used! Great job...