Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cozy winter creations...











         Good morning my friends!   We are breaking in the New Year quietly.  We have had ALOT of snow.   Luckily the sun has come out...but the temps are still frigid, like 10 below frigid.  Good for me ...this is good snuggle up , keep your jammies on weather.   Perfect for creating.  I have two projects, quite diffrent, but in the same color hues made for Really Reasonable Ribbon .   I was in the pink mood...and just kept going with it.
                       My first project is one I put a lot of heart into (no pun intended).  I love to go on the hunt for unique items to use on my altered art.   Things other than scrapbooking related items etc.  I found that little deep shadowbox frame while on my travels and knew I would put it to good use.  I painted it Ballerina Pink and gave it a coating of pink glitter.  I nestled a little 3d pink heart and some dresdan wings inside.  I added a little banner, other little bits and bobs...like pink safety pins with buttons, and lots and lots of baby pink and rose seam bindings .   Love to combine those two shades of pink together.  I layered the smaller heart onto a bigger one for depth and added a Maya Road crystal style pendant to the bottom.    My other little project is just one that told ME it had to be created.  You ever get that feeling?  Something just pops out at you and it comes together by itself pretty much.  I love that sweet image of the children..I thought my sentiment fit it perfectly.  I used some new PTI goodies .   I had so much stamping this card and again added my seam bindings for the perfect touch.    That is it for me today.  I always hope you enjoy your visit here...and maybe leave with a smile!   Hugs, cherry

13 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

I love these projects! Absolutely beautiful! I love that image of the children--where did you find it? And can you send some snow this way? Our winters have been getting milder here with just a little snow and I love that white stuff!

Donna Lynn said...

Everything you do is just so beautiful! Love looking at your posts.

TLady said...

SOOOO LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE ALL THE PINK!!!!!!!!!! Yep, you've left me with a smile! :) STAY WARM & COZY!!!!!!!!! :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

That frame is ADORABLE! I love both projects, my friend!

Ros Crawford said...

So very pretty and shabby chic perfection!

Audrey Pettit said...

Brrrr........sounds waaaaaay too cold for me, my friend! :)
Love your sweet pink projects. That heart pennant is adorable. Love the 3D window with the winged heart inside. And you work absolute magic with the trims. Gorgeous card, too. You're so right......that sentiment is just perfect with that sweet vintage image.

Erica said...

These are both so soft and pretty! So romantic, and perfect for Valentine's Day. The vintage image is darling.

Barbara in AZ said...

Another WOW from me. Love seeing your creations. Keep warm!

Papercutsandinkyfingers said...

Wow wow wow! Yet again,total scrumptiousness:-)
What is the stamp set (s) you used in your second project? The embroidery hoop one? I am SERIOUSLY in love with it! Lol.
Lou x

Geri said...

So pretty, Cherry! Love the pinks and all your sweet embellishments!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

You do shabby like no one else I've ever seen! Love it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.