Friday, March 15, 2013

friday fun




 
 
 
 






It is Friday...are you glad?  It is also the 15th which means RRR is having another fun challenge...this time flowers with ribbon.  I decided to join in.  I can never resist a bloom.  I thought I would do a quick little tutorial for you showing my flower layers and how I went about decking my bag out.  The middle layer of the flower is a technique I have posted before where you simply roll and twist the flower.  You can make them small or humongous if you like.  I used the red polka dot double ruffle ribbon which manipulated really well.   Very easy to use and made a nice full bloom.  I layered it with some vintage swiss dot fabric I diecut flowers from. 
                Once I had my bloom ready the fun part of gussying up my bag began.  I used some cottagey floral papers and washi tape.  I had a bit of crepe paper fringe left and used it.  From there I adhered my bloom using hot glue and than went about stamping my mason jar tag.  I had fun revisiting this stamp set from Pti.  It is one of my favorites.  I also used an older mini stamp set from Maya road.   Once I had it adhered I topped it off with some red seam binding and cherry bakers twine .   I love the color combo....my favorite.  My bedroom has a lot of this and I never tire of it.  Well I am off to spend time with my son.   I get him to myself today and I think we will go do something simple but ...maybe ice cream and book hunting?  Hope you enjoy!  Happy weekend!  Cherry

10 comments:

Rebekah said...

Your gift bag is a gift in its self. wow. So gorgeous with the reds and blues!

Gloria Stengel said...

Your creations always make me smile all over my face!

Patty O'Malley said...

So bright, cheery and pretty! Have a wonderful weekend!

vivian said...

cute !! as always!
happy weekend!
xoxo

Denise Marie said...

I can't even think on the level of that many gorgeous layers. (: Awsome job!

TLady said...

VERY PRETTY CHERRY!!!!!!! :)

Lu said...

love this too! I still want to find out about the last red white project you featured. I could not find a list of supplies to see who made the paper you used. thanks! lulu

Linda Breedlove said...

LOVE your gorgeous flower... I have to try that!
Have a wonderful weekend, Cherry!

Connie said...

Your blog is a delightful breath of fresh air. I love it, and I want to follow, but I do not see a button to do that. Please come visit and tell me what to do.
Connie )
P.S. I love the fabric flower tutorial :)

Barbara Jean said...

cute, cute, cute!!

fun to be back.

blessings
barb