Friday, April 12, 2013

happy Friday







Happy TGIF!  I have a couple of cards for you made for RRR...both different but both about creating with your hands.  Sewing, crocheting, making things from the heart.   They both remind me of my Mother....and so they both became Mother's day cards.  She crochets afghans and use to sew my doll clothes for me.  I used a mix of goodies and combined my RRR ribbons with a bit of very old lace snippets.  The Carolina white crochet lace works so well with antique laces.  I have been using it a lot lately and love its sweet nostalgic look.  I also added some gorgeous glass/shell buttons I found of late.  There is nothing like them.  I of course had to add my seam bindings.  I inked the edges a bit for wear and aging.  I used baby pink and lace blue.  Just a couple of good ole fashion cards.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend.   hugs, cherry

3 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

These cards are so pretty and sweet! I love that ball of yarn and pins!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh how lovely! Those scissors are so adorable on your card ... beautiful cards and colours

Jill Norwood said...

I love these! That sweet ball of yarn is so cute with the pins for knitting needles! I love that "love you" sentiment on the second card. Do you know if that stamp is still available?
:) Jill