Saturday, November 23, 2013

Altered mini bell tart pan ornament










 
 
Hello and Happy soon to be Thanksgiving!  Cherry here to share a little tutorial for RRR on creating a unique ornament that you can keep for your tree this year or give as a gift. So many fun things that you can alter and put your own creative touch too!  I recently found a few little vintage bell tart pans and decided to create some ornaments from them.  I gathered some goodies including some oh so yummy lace blue seam binding, .  I also gathered up fun embellishments I thought would go well with my shabby blues.    I used my Scor-buddy mini scoring tablet to create an oval rosette and set it aside.  I decided to spray paint my tart pan and than lightly glittered it with mica flakes.  From there I glued my rosette into place and layered with a glitter star and my little girl image with a glass cabochon.  I added some vintage tinsel around the rosette as well. 
To the top of the bell I added heaps of seam bindings, a vintage millinary bird, some little baubles, and a large oversize ring clip that I slid a stamped tag and jingle bell too. From there it is simply ready to wrap or hang on your tree!  I love the soft icy blues and silvers!  Hope you enjoy!  hugs, cherry

4 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

I absolutely love this, Cherry! I need one!

Nancy Guse said...

Breathtaking Cherry!!!!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

This is really darling! Would love to find some of those little tart pans. Great idea to alter things for ornaments and love the blues and vintage look. I know I've already told you, but love your Etsy shop also! Marilyn

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful my dear! So creative!